Dylan Woollard-Kingston
What are your future goals?
To either start my own or join an already existing indie
company and maybe eventually work for a AAA company. I would prefer to do
something more with indie companies as there is more versatility and artistic
freedom in that sector of making games in my opinion regardless of there being
less money there.
What do you want to achieve this year?
I want to hone in and develop my ability to use game engines
and programme to become a Programmer for my own company or an already existing
one and collaborate with team members in creating something this year.
What is your desired career in? (developer,
programmer, artist, sound engineer)
I would like to become a Developer/Programmer as I loke working
around problems and adapting my work to my strengths and I feel I work best in
this aspect of Games Development.
Although I believe these sections of the Industry I feel is
some of the hardest work I also feel that it is more involved in the actual creation
of games and more fulfilling.
If you don’t know, what have you enjoyed in your
studies so far & what interests you to learn more?
I enjoy the freedom
of games dev and the ability to create whatever I want for the most part and
the idea of making something that is my own interests me both digitally and in
the real world.
I would also like to
instead of doing something big like revolutionising the industry or making a
new genre of game I would like to adapt to the current environment of the
industry and play to my strengths in something that hopefully people would like
to experience.
Do you want to go to
University/Apprenticeship/Internship/Working world/Other?
I would like to go to
Uni and/or do an apprenticeship at some point in my life as well as some other
things to beef up my CV and give me life experiences. Along with this I would
also like to get some Military experience at an undetermined point in my future.
In University I would like to pursue either Games
Development further or I would like to do a foundation course in Engineering or
something more physically hands on like woodworking or metalworking.
For an apprenticeship I would like to do something similar
in respects to Woodwork or Metalwork like Carpentry or Welding as I like to
work with my hands and I am very motivated of the idea that I could make
something of my own that I use regularly on an everyday use (i.e a nightstand,
table, whittling, repairs to my own furniture, etc)
What’s your favourite game/game series?
Digitally: Last of us/Little Big Planet
Analogue: Settlers of Catan, Zombicide, and Dungeons and
Dragons
Favourite things about these games
Last of us (1st one)
Story based I believe this is one of the best games of its
age and how good and smooth the gameplay is
Little Big Planet
Whacky and zany characters and the fact that the entire game
is made up of mismatched pieces into something that works and tells a good
story regardless
Settlers of Catan
I enjoy the Competition of being the best civilisation
against all other players
Zombicide
I like the cooperation and how the odds are very much
stacked against you and even so you and your team use their wits and strengths
to scavenge and come out on top of a board sometimes literally covered in
zombies/enemies so much that you run out of minis to place on the board
D&D
Intricate storytelling and the freedom of the game are
amongst the best features of the game and the ability to either make any work
and story that you want to tell, or be in someone else’s story and play as
literally anybody to your minds content
No comments:
Post a Comment