The construction of the game from mind to board went reasonably well in terms that we both had a clear idea of the kind of game we were trying to produce. The creation of the board and kill cards went the smoothest and best with different variations as the game evolved.
The economy of the game was very lackluster in the beginning with the main objective to sell food for cash but not much do do with the money once you have reached that point and with what you could buy taking to long to afford. with this we raised the cost output of things and added passive income per go. we also lowered the price of development/skill cards and Black-market cards for buffs to help you achieve one of the many end game tasks explained in the rulebook.
we added more player choice with the option of what character to play with different abilities and debuffs and we turned the restaurant areas from being on the board to their own tokens for the player to choose where they want to be located and with a colour tile for the location of their front door.
we allocated our own parts to do for the game based around our own strengths and divvied up the work evenly. we worked on the efficiency of the game before the aesthetic of the game which I feel was better than the reverse
I would have printed things off sooner as we left printing till the last moment as to perfect everything before the final product.
Our game compared to the original brief went well, all that was requested of us was to produce our own board game and I believe we accomplished this to the best of our current abilities with Games development.
If I were to recreate the game, first off I would simplify it, keeping the main parts but making it easier to follow as I feel there are many moving parts to the game that could be made easier or taken out entirely
If I had more time I would make the player cards better, turning them into player mats finishing them off as they were not done by the end of the task.








No comments:
Post a Comment