Wednesday, 6 September 2023

Lesson 1

 

Deconstruct board game

 

Settlers of Catan

Resources allow players to construct things to put on the board to get ahead

Dice roll determines outcome of resources

Thief if rolled a 7 allows the player to choose a hexagon to not give off resources and take a resource card from a player with a building on an intersection connected

Trading on coastlines allows you to trade resources for other needed resources

Trading throughout players is also allowed

You only receive resources from hexagons if a building of your colour is connected

Tokens show which roll gives which resources

Hex tiles represent which resource is given

 There is lots of information squished together throughout the rulebook which makes some rules hard to find and relatively easy to accidentally gloss over but there is a section in the back for and easier version of the game for beginner players

What I liked: competition, trading aspect

What I didn't like: nothing

How to improve: allow attacking other peoples settlements, and only allow trade with people that you are connected to by road instead of trade between everybody

Sonar

2 players per team

Must let the other team know direction travelled

1 move per turn

Each team gets 2 hits

Captain and Radio Operator must work together to hide their sub whilst attempting to shoot down the other team

Rulebook is quite straight forward and no complications happened whilst playing 

What I liked: collaboration between your team and the split up responsibilities 

What I didn't like: 

Captain

Per move announced their team gets a point

Silence: move without announcing move (2 points)

Sonar: other team must say x or y axis position

Rocket: shoot one point on the map to damage enemy (4 points)

Radio Operator

Must try to track and record the enemies Submarine

Monopoly

Each player has their own placeholder for where they are on the board

Dice determines how far the player must move/which place they land on

Locations are spread across the entire board and players will get an opportunity to buy these places

If the place you land on is owned you must pay reparations to the owner of the location

rulebook is straight forward and easy to follow

What I liked: I enjoyed the competition of playing with friends 

What I didn't like: how long the game takes and if you dont get the right people to play it can be mundane

No comments:

Post a Comment

GameJam 2 Production

Menus Main menu Death Screen In the future we planned to implement a leaderboard for people to record their scores/times  Map we have decide...